Lip enhancement, or augmentation, can be achieved through a variety of procedures including injectable lip fillers, lip fat grafts (transfer), lip implants, or lip lift surgery. If you are looking to enhance your lip, we specialize in natural looking lips. You will not look overdone.
Our board certified Plastic Surgeons believe that your lip should not be the first thing other people will notice. Your lip should be in balance with the rest of your face.
Who is a Candidate for Lip Enhancement or Enlargement
You are a candidate for our Georgia Plastic Lip if
- You are concerned about your lip shape or volume
- You are a health person
- You have realistic expectations
- You have no infection on your lips
How is Lip Enhancement performed
There are 4 general ways we achieve Lip enhancement
- Lip fillers (Resytlane/Juvederm) – Lip injectable fillers are the most common lip enhancement procedures for lip enhancement. Most of these are made of hyaluronic acid material. Hyaluronic acid material are naturally occurring substances. They are safe, effective and provide soft enhancement. In general, the average cost is $600-$800 per syringe. per syringe. Most of our patient require one (1) syringe per lip depending on their goals. Plan to touch these up every 6 -12 months. Most injectable fillers are reversible. Fillers are usually performed in our office as outpatient procedure.
- Lip Fat grafting – Many of our patients prefer using their own fat. Basically, we remove fat from an area of excess and placed the fat within lips. Lip fat transfer or lip fat grafting is predictably unpredictable in terms of its results. When properly performed, lip fat grafting can provide long lasting results. We are very conservative with lip fat transfer because, it’s much easier to add more fat than remove excess fat remove from the lips. The average cost is $3000 to $4000 It can be performed under local anesthesia in our fully accredited and certified Ambulatory Surgery Center.
- Lip Implants – These are soft but solid silicone implants that are placed in the lip. Don’t worry, these do not leak! They are permanent, but can be removed if you don’t like it. It can be performed under local anesthesia, IV sedation or general anesthesia in our fully accredited and certified Ambulatory Surgery Center. The average cost is $2000-$3000 per lip
- Lip Lift surgeries – Lip Lift procedures are performed to “lift” the lip to show more of the lip. There are a variety of techniques to accomplish lip lift. Lip lift can be performed under local anesthesia, IV sedation or general anesthesia in our fully accredited and certified Ambulatory Surgery Center. The average cost is $4000-$6000 per lip
What to expect after lip enhancement
After your lip enhancement with filler or implant, your lips may swell. This is very normal and expected. We recommend icing during and after the procedure to helps with reduction of the swelling. The best day for lip filler injection is Thursday or Friday. Many of our patients can and do go back to work on Monday. We do not recommend lip massage unless we instruct you to do so. Massage can sometimes encourage more swelling.
What is the cost of lip enhancement
It really depends on what kind of enhancement you receive. The most common technique for lip enhancement is with an injectable filler. The average cost for filler is $500 per syringe.
Other Related Procedure:
Many patients combine their lip enhancement procedure with these other procedures for an enhanced outcome.
Eye lid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Facial injectable filler such as Juvederm Voluma
Thermi Tight or Kybella for chin and neck contouring
All data and information provided within this website and related blog is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice. Georgia Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery, PC makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, correctness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. Treatment information and medical recommendations must be made on a case-by-case basis; it is recommended that you seek personalized care from a board certified medical doctor for any medical questions or health issues you may have. Some photos in this website feature models for illustrative purposes. Photos of actual patients can be found in the before and after photo gallery.