ATL Tuck is basically Lipoabdominoplasty. ATL Tuck is really the combination of well performed liposuction and abdominoplasty. It is an advanced tummy tuck technique that safely combines extensive liposuction with tummy tuck procedures in a way that achieves results far superior than those achievable by either procedure alone. It offers a greatly improved abdominal appearance due to the aggressive liposuction and muscle tightening (if necessary), a shorter, less noticeable scar for many patients. There is less chance of “dog ear”. In Atlanta, this is called the ATLTUCK. Lipoabdominoplasty is often combined with liposuction of hips and back. This combination provides an ideal cosmetic surgery solution after weight loss, pregnancy, or aging.
Experience and training matters a lot during Lipoabdominoplasty. Non Plastic surgeons (cosmetic surgeons) tend to charge less than Plastic Surgeon.
Below are other criteria to use when selecting a Plastic surgeon for ATL Tuck
Questions to ask (Answering NO is a big red flag)
1) Are you a plastic surgeon? (Do you know difference between cosmetic surgeon & plastic surgeon)
2) Are you board certified in Plastic Surgery?
3) Will the procedure be performed at a fully accredited procedure room or ambulatory surgery center
4) Do you have hospital privilege to perform liposuction and tummy tuck? Which Hospital?
5) Do you offer complication insurance (it does happen, it better to be safe)
The most important decision is to do your homework well. Any doctor can offer abdominoplasty. Its your duty to know who is doing your procedure. Good luck.